Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crikey


The world of environmentalism and animal rights has suffered a great loss today. Paul and I were in the teacher's room today when we found out about the death of Steve Irwin (more commonly known as The Crocodile Hunter).

I always thought it was ironic that he was nicknamed the Crocodile Hunter, since what he chose to do with his life was so very opposite of that title. Although most people knew about him through his television show and his risk-taking type lifestyle, both Paul and I were always more interested in his efforts to save the planet... in his own way.

I'm sure that those efforts will continue to live on in his memory. His wife is also extremely active in the environmentalism front.

Times like this always make me think of one of my favourite quotes.

"You can't change the world, but you can make a dent."

I imagine he made quite a dent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home