Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Trick or Treat

Well, although Korea as a whole doesn't celebrate Halloween, because we are an English school...we do. Correne and I went out on the weekend to try and find something resembling a costume. We went to the popular foreigners area known as Itaewon hoping to find something. We came upon this little shop where Correne was able to find a witches hat. She had some clothing that she brought that is a little medieval like, so the witches hat simply completed the outfit. As for me, I wore my Vietnam soccer jersy, shorts, hiked up socks, and a big red afro wig I bought from the shop. We will try and post some pictures if we can get are hands on some.

We spent the first period with our homeroom carving a pumpkin, and walking through a haunted house. It was a classic haunted house with grapes for eyeballs, spaghetti for worms, etc. The kids thought it was neat, and that's all that matters. During second period, we all got on a bus and went to COEX (the main mall in our area). There we were met by mothers and grandparents who handed out candy to the kids. These kids got so much candy in about a ten minute span, it made our night long trick or treating look pathetic. That's Korean efficiency at its best.

Some of the costumes were really cute, and the kids seemed to have a good time. Jenny, our supervisor came around to the classes during lunch and told the kids that they were not allowed to eat any candy until they got home. So here we are sitting in a class with a bunch of seven year olds with bags of candy telling them they can't eat any. Talk about cruel. All it took was me threatening to take everyone's candy away if one person had any for my class to understand.

I am a moron and forgot to bring the camera, so if I can get my hands on some of the pictures taken by other teachers, I will be sure to post them. We hope everyone else had a nice Halloween. We all know you bought enough candy for 100 kids knowing full well you would only have about 20...it's ok we all do it.

Later,

Paul

1 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Blogger CraxyRaE said...

I wish I had 20 kids come! I had over 100 pieces of candy and a whopping 1 trick or treater! The kid was maybe 1.5 years old and the cutest little giraffe, but I know - or hope anyway that the candy was going to mom and dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home